At its May 9, 2023, meeting, the Scottsdale unified School District Governing Board approved putting a special budget override on the ballot (see here p. 5). Voters will be asked to approve a $103 million additional assistance override (up to $14.5 million per year over a seven-year period). “A District Additional Assistance (DAA) budget override allows a school district to levy a tax to pay for capital equipment items that cannot be purchased by the district’s regular capital budget and that is not included in a district’s current bond program.” Funds would be used for curriculum materials and school technology; school furniture, fixtures and equipment; fine arts, athletics, and library equipment and materials; as well as playground equipment and facilities. For updates on previous bond-funded projects, see here.
A series of Town Hall meetings has been scheduled:
- Saguaro High School – August 31, 2023, at 6:00PM 6250 N 82nd St, Scottsdale, AZ 85250
- Desert Mountain High School – September 6, 2023, at 6:00PM 12575 E Vía Linda #102, Scottsdale, AZ 85259
- Coronado High School – September 7, 2023, at 6:00PM 7501 E Virginia Ave, Scottsdale, AZ 85257
- Chaparral High School – September 26, 2023, at 6:00PM 6935 E Gold Dust Ave, Scottsdale, AZ 85253
- Arcadia High School – September 27, 2023, at 6:00PM 4703 E Indian School Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85018
Scottsdale Progress 5.26.23 SUSD board approves budget override vote